Music at the Market: Wednesday, July 2, 2104, 6-7:30 pm
Don Peachy Band
Don Peachey hails from Burnett, Wisconsin, a small town located an hour from Milwaukee. He began playing the accordion at the age of 14. Don made his first paying performance at the civic center in Fairwater, Wisconsin. Except for two years in the U.S. Army, Don has has been keeping dancers happy with his music ever since. Don was elected bandleader of the year by the Wisconsin Orchestra Leaders Association in 1973 and was inducted into the Wisconsin Polka hall of Fame in 1998. The band is most visible not only for its recording exposure, but for its numerous appearances in 13 states. They have made an annual tour through Kansas, Oklahoma, and texas for 49 consecutive years.
Sponsored by Krizan Insurance Agency
Farmers Market: Strawberries, fresh herbs, garlic scapes, spring onions, spring greens, spinach, asparagus, kohlrabi, rhubarb, canned goods, honey, bedding & veggie plants, perennials, hanging baskets, handmade crafts, fine art, hand crafted soap, and locally roasted coffee.
Art in the Park free children’s project: Fireworks Painting (6 -7:30 pm)
Fundraiser: Wild Goose Fine Arts United (4-8 pm)
Food Vendor: Horicon American Legion Auxiliary (5-8 pm)
Weekly 50 / 50 cash raffle (4-8 pm)
- We will have a 50/50 raffle each week at the market.
- Raffle tickets can be purchased underneath the blue and white Horicon Phoenix tent.
- $1 for 1, $5 for 10, or an arm-length for just $10!
- The winner will be announced at the end of the evening.
- Winner must be present to claim the prize.
- All proceeds from the raffle help fund the summer concert series.
Horicon Phoenix Tent at the Market (4-8 pm)
- Fundraising and info for different local community organization each week.
- Pick up a free copy of our events magazine, Horicon Rising.
- Purchase a Horicon Phoenix reusable market bag ($5).
- Purchase Kwik Trip gift cards (Horicon Phoenix receives 10% of the proceeds).
- Learn about our new Horicon Phoenix Membership Program.
- Purchase 50/50 raffle tickets.
- Purchase Chippy’s popcorn (regular, kettle, caramel, or cheese) $4/bag.
- An art gallery in a tent!
- Changing selections of art from members of Wild Goose Fine Arts United will be presented each Wednesday.
- Watch for Laura from Original Oils creating works of art “en plein air” live at the market!
- This week at the Art Market tent: Sleepy Sailor Coffee will be selling their local artisan roasted coffee beans.