Wednesday, June 10, 2015, 4 – 8 pm
Join us for another beautiful Wednesday evening of friends, local food, music and art.
New at the market this year:
- Hydroponic greens from Windy Drumlins
- Grass-fed beef from Oechsner Farms
- Locally roasted coffee from Sleepy Sailor Coffee
- Maple syrup, jewelry, and more.
Farmers Market: Spring onions, greens, asparagus, rhubarb, canned goods, honey, syrup, eggs, bedding & veggie plants, perennials, hanging baskets, handmade crafts, locally roasted coffee, and fine art.
Art in the Park free children’s project: Negative Spray Space Art (6 -7:30 pm)
Hot Food Vendor: Rotary Club of Horicon (5-8 pm)
Summer Concert: Calamity Janes and the Fratney Street Band (6-7:30 pm)
Sponsored by Vonti Salon
On a snowy evening in February 2013, over tea and coconut muffins, folk-bluegrass outfit Calamity Janes and the Fratney Street Band was born. From their first kitchen floor practice to an avalanche of performances throughout Southeastern Wisconsin, Calamity Janes FSB center their original music around breathtaking three-part female harmonies. Coupled with the band’s upright bass, fiddle, banjo, drums, and two guitars, Calamity Janes FSB continue making a name for themselves in Milwaukee and its environs. Whether handing out kazoos to audiences, rousing dance-floors to their feet, or quieting packed crowds with a hushed first note, Calamity Janes FSB win over diverse fans with their infectious love for music.
Drawing inspiration from artists Gillian Welch, Mountain Man, and traditional world folk, Calamity Janes FSB have barely had a day off since their inception less than a year ago! A regular fixture at Milwaukee venues like Linneman’s Riverwest Inn, Tonic Tavern, Cactus Club, and Public House, Calamity Janes FSB count among their past year’s high profile performances, the festivals Locust Street Days and Jammin’ on Janesville as well as the Annual Peace Through Music: John Lennon Tribute, Koss Lunar Rooftop Series at the Milwaukee Athletic Club, and the Uncommon Folk Exhibit in the Calatrava at the Milwaukee Art Museum.
When they’re not busily loading instruments into their bumper-sticker covered van, Calamity Janes FSB maintain a regular presence on the Milwaukee media scene, from appearances on Riverwest Radio (Riverwestradio.com) to Milwaukeevibe.org. Calamity Janes FSB round out their roster with performances at weddings, house shows, and backyard bonfires. This 2014, Calamity Janes FSB look forward to appearances at the HiJinx Festival, the Midwest Herbal Women’s Conference, and regional touring to Madison, Neenah, and Chicago. Most exciting: Calamity Janes FSB are just about finished recording their first full-length album which is expected to release early June!
- An art gallery in a tent!
- Changing selections of art from members of Wild Goose Fine Arts United will be presented each Wednesday, including painting, collage, print-making, photography, wool felting, and more.
- Watch for Laura from Original Oils creating works of art live at the market.
Weekly 50 / 50 cash raffle (4-8 pm)
- We will have a 50/50 raffle each week at the market.
- $1 for 1, $5 for 10, or an arm-length for just $10!
- The winner will be announced at the end of the evening.
- Winner must be present to claim the prize.
- All proceeds from the raffle help fund the summer concert series.
The Blue & White Horicon Phoenix Tent at the Market (4-8 pm)
- Fundraising and info for different local community organization each week – The Open Door Coffeehouse
- Pick up a free copy of our events magazine, Horicon Rising.
- Learn about our new Horicon Phoenix Membership Program.