Wednesday, July 16, 2014: Farmers Market, 4 – 8 pm/Concert, 6 pm
Sponsored by Ice Cream Station
Their name is Irish for “joy and gladness.” This is definitely a band that holds true to their name. Áthas is a traditional band that is based out of Milwaukee and is known for their traditional and original dance tunes. Their goal is to keep the traditions of Celtic music alive, and they are able to do so through their use of traditional instruments such as the fiddle, guitar, and bodhran as well as the flute, viola, whistles, concertina, djembe, and the spoons.
Farmers Market: Raspberries, fresh herbs, garlic scapes, green onions, spinach, snap peas, kohlrabi, canned goods, honey, perennials, hanging baskets, handmade crafts, fine art, hand crafted soap, and locally roasted coffee.
Art in the Park free children’s project: Coffee Filter Flowers (6 -7:30 pm)
Food Vendor: Horicon Kiwanis Club (5-8 pm)
Lemonade flavors: Old Fashioned Lemonade, Strawberry Lemonade,Wacky Watermelon, Sweet Tea
Fundraiser: Gold Star Memorial Bike Trail
A great opportunity is taking shape in central Dodge County! Plans are underway to develop a bike
trail from the City of Beaver Dam to the City of Mayville. The trail would create a recreational
opportunity and create a link to the Wild Goose Trail. Additionally, the trail would have a very special
purpose; it would be a memorial to the fallen service members of Dodge County. Officially, the trail
would be called the Gold Star Memorial Trail. Please stop by their table next to the blue & white Horicon Phoenix tent to learn more and contribute to this great project.
New this year:
Weekly 50 / 50 cash raffle (4-8 pm)
- We will have a 50/50 raffle each week at the market.
- Raffle tickets can be purchased underneath the blue and white Horicon Phoenix tent.
- $1 for 1, $5 for 10, or an arm-length for just $10!
- The winner will be announced at the end of the evening.
- Winner must be present to claim the prize.
- All proceeds from the raffle help fund the summer concert series.
Horicon Phoenix Tent at the Market (4-8 pm)
- Fundraising and info for different local community organization each week: Gold Star Memorial Bike Trail
- Pick up a free copy of our events magazine, Horicon Rising.
- Purchase a Horicon Phoenix reusable market bag ($5).
- Purchase Kwik Trip gift cards (Horicon Phoenix receives 10% of the proceeds).
- Learn about our new Horicon Phoenix Membership Program.
- Purchase 50/50 raffle tickets.